Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hair Subscriptions: What is CurlKit and CurlBox?



                                       
                                                    CurlKit                        CurlBox



CurlKit and CurlBox are the newest hot hair subscriptions on the market for Natural Hair. I am a product junkie, so I had to subscribe to both. I like them because, it helps me save money on always buying new Natural Hair products. I get to try different products to see what works good on my hair. I am very happy when I receive these boxes. Every time I receive a new box every month in the mail, it almost feels like Christmas...

                                                       CurlKit                                    CurlBox



The similarities are they are both $20 a month, or you can pay $220 for the year. Both boxes, give you about 5 to7 samples a month in each box. Furthermore, most of the time, with both boxes, you'll get at least 2 to 3 full-size items in each box. Both boxes usually come with coupons and literature as an extra. Both boxes give you different items each month. For example, the photo(above) was the May 2012 boxes.


 The CurlBox....





So, let's talk about the differences, that I notice. CurlBox started their subscription first. It was created by Myleik Teele. CurlBox is a little harder to join. It took me three months to get a subscription to the Curl Box VIP. With CurlBox, when a new subscriptions open each month, you have to order fast, because they sell out quickly. I remember one time; It's sold out in 30 minutes. So, if you have CurlBox subscription it something, you should try to hold on to. With the CurlBox, I notice you tend to get more of the commercial line of black hair-care products. For example, you may get, Dr. Miracle and Design Essentials in a CurlBox, but these companies now have a line for Naturals, which is more natural friendly. You would most likely find those new Natural Hair lines in the CurlBox.   

The CurlKit...



CurlKit is a little easier to get a subscription, because it's still pretty new. CurlKit came out after CurlBox, so they tend to have more available subscription spots. With CurlKit, they usually have products that were made for Natural from the beginning era. Sometimes, you'll have Natural Hair products like Miss Jessie's, Jane Carter and Oyin Homemade. Furthermore, with CurlKit, I got to sample some of the new natural product's lines, like a product called the "Canadian Love Butter"and "Curl Prep.


CurlBox and CurlKit are always full of surprises. Often, you may find extras goodies in the boxes, like wide tooth combs, bug repellent, lotions and oils for the skin.   


Pros and Cons...



The Pros are if you are a person, who like to use 100% Natural products, these subscriptions may not be the best for you. Even though, some of the products do work good with Natural hair, some of the product may not completely be all Natural. Furthermore, If you have a lot of hair, some of the smaller samples may not be enough for your hair. Sometimes, you never know what items are going to come in your box. The Cons are you get to try products, to see which work best for you. Moreover, you're paying $20, but you're getting about $30 to $50 worth of stuff. 

From my experience, I love them both. This is my overview on what I have noticed recently with both boxes so far, but who knows they may change. You could check out my you-tube channel for other natural hair reviews and tutorials. My youtube link is: http://www.youtube.com/user/1MetroEliteYou can find my latest Unboxing of CurlBox and CurlKit Videos on my channel.   




Thanks for Reading,

Sharon Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment